Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hospice CNA/Nursing Assistant Story: “Little White Box” Video (5:13mins.)

Sometimes a nursing home patient needs someone to solve a special problem. The urgency becomes especially important when the patient is in hospice care, and death is imminent. “Little White Box” is a video story from “The Life and Times of Roger Dean Kiser.” A hospice volunteer, I was reminded of a hospice story in my own life when I read this story. In my story, I helped to locate a missing key for a beautiful music box owned by a patient who had never heard the box play before.

In “Little White Box,” Mrs. Mathers, a dying patient, keeps saying, “Before I die, my little white box, please.” But no one knows exactly what she means. To her rescue comes a caring and determined CNA/nursing assistant who successfully solves the mystery. With Celine Dion’s breathtaking singing in the background, this story will grab the handle of your heart and make you smile. Click here and enjoy "Little White Box."

Frances Shani Parker, Author
"Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes”
Hospice and Nursing Homes Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment