Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

BlogTalkRadio Interview with Frances Shani Parker and Viki Kind (30 mins.)

Recently, I was interviewed by Vikki Kind, a bioethicist and medical educator who specializes in end-of-life issues. A hospice volunteer with Hospice of the Conejo in Thousand Oaks, California, Viki is also host of the BlogTalkRadio Show “Kind Ethics.” BlogTalkRadio is the social radio network that allows users to connect quickly and directly with their audiences. Using an ordinary telephone and computer, hosts can create free, live, call-in talk shows.

Viki Kind and I covered several topics during our 30-minute interview. They included the following:

1) Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes
2) Writing
3) Urban Nursing Home Issues
4) Cultural Diversity
5) Racial-Ethnic Healthcare Disparities
6) Healthcare Research
7) Service-Learning (Definition, Implementation)
8) School-Nursing Home Partnerships
9) Ageism
5) Semi- Sensory Deprivation
6) Honoring Patients’ Histories

You can listen to the "Kind Ethics" interview here.

Frances Shani Parker, Author
Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes
Hospice and Nursing Homes Blog

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Dr. Zoë A Lewis, and I produce and host the one-hour program ‘Hospice Radio’ on blogtalkradio. I am a board certified MD in Hospice and Palliative Care and published author and conduct interviews like yourself. My guests are international experts, including leaders from the NHPCO, CHI, AARP and international hospice organizations, along with other healthcare professionals. I hope your listener base can find a resource in my programming as well. I think this format gives so much to our community, especially since we are able to reach a broad audience with the message of kind and compassionate end- of- life care. Great work.

    www.zoealewis.com

    &
    www.blogtalkradio.com/drzoehospiceradio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question I been wondering for a very long time I was close to my grandfather witch has past in 2006 I really need to know if you guys keep records or files of his last pause and of what he died of an what caused it please some one let me know asap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selena, to obtain a copy of a death certificate in the United States, write or go to the vital statistics office in the state or area where the event occurred. You can also look up how to get a death certificate online for a death in the location that interests you. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete