Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

Word Power (Video 2:00)


I love words. I crave their different sounds and meanings, the challenging way they confide in me or refuse to speak. I savor tasting their life and death spices as they yield to my interpretations, inspire me to fill a page with truth. I consider them friends and appreciate how they remind me of who I am, help me make sense of nonsense, surrender, evolve.

Words matter, and it’s not necessary to have a way with words to experience their power. When we think about their impact, we realize they can heal, celebrate, encourage, and make many positive changes. Without thoughtful consideration, they have the power to hurt, confuse, and destroy. Making words really matter comes with effort.

Ironically, this video below has very few words. It reminds us that the power of words depends, not on the quantity used, but on the energy, meaning, and motivation they bring. Consider the power of words. While actions may speak louder, words can still change lives.


-->

Frances Shani Parker, Author
Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes is available in paperback and e-book editions in America and other countries at online and offline booksellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment